Sunday, August 23, 2009

Future Spokes(wo)men

Took my 4 year old girl, Ethne, to the park today to "ride bikes" for the first time. We have a sweet hand-me-down bike from a co-worker with training wheels and we cruised the sidewalks for a good 1/2 hour. At first she had trouble with the coaster-break concept...and watching the road instead of her feet. After she got the hang of it she had a blast and pretty soon I was almost jogging to keep up with her. She had a couple slow-motion spills onto the grass but she got right back on.

I don't remember training wheels really. I think I went straight from a big wheel to standard bike. But it was cool to see her digging it.

No actual photos of the occasion, just this picture of Ethne's dream bike. The Hello Kitty Mach III.

5 comments:

Side Burns said...

Bill gets a bit long-winded. Here's what he's actually saying: "I never used training wheels as a kid because I'm as tough as Rorschach in Watchmen."

Matt said...

Bill,

We're all friends.
If you really want the HK bike, you don't have to hide behind your daughter.

Andersert said...

I'm so glad you wrote that Donut. Now I'll have less explaining to do when my bike comes back from the shop all pink and blingy.

IsamarDesigns said...

Ethne chose a sweet ride!

Side Burns said...

is Choco-cat the "for guys" equivalent of hellow kitty? or is that still for girls only?