Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fixify

I'm upgrading the free bike I've been commuting on to fixie. A friend of mine told me about a cool bike shop in Stockton where they customize fixies and cruisers on the cheap called Port City Cyclery. I checked em out last week and they seemed pretty down to earth, thought the bike was a decent candidate (old Raleigh). So I left my bike there and in a week or so I should have a new wheel set, cog, and paintjob. Apparently my cranks are short enough so I'm good there. They didn't try to sell me anything except for the bare minimum I would need to change it fixed gear. The front gears are bolt together so they're just going to take off the small ring. Brakes will stay too. Color will be a gray green with white forks.

I'll start out fixed and see how I like it. The wheel is fixed-free changeable but I haven't bought the freewheel cog yet.

Now I just need some man-capri's and loafers.

4 comments:

jm said...

Rad! I can lend you some of my pants they would work as man capri's on you.

jm said...

Brian - it looks like you are going to have to man up and flip the wheel.

Matt said...

I don't understand... What, exactly, do the capris own?

Andersert said...

Donut,
Your grammar is sound.

Cheese,
Hopefully I can man up to the hype as well.