Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Majestic

My wheelset came in yesterday, and I started building around 10:15 pm. You know, like I was on meth. About an hour later, I had something rideable, and as of this morning, here's how it is looking:



In the interest of having it ready for vacation, I've put some less-than-optimal parts on there.
The pedals are from an old, not terribly high quality mountain bike, replacing the metal ones that would no longer turn. The brake pads are a mix, but the best I could come up with that would safely stop the bike.

It is apparent that I'll need to continuously upgrade this thing, as the chainring is worn, and the cranks are janky. Anyhow, for less than $150, I'm pretty happy.

2 comments:

jm said...

good work matt.

Andersert said...

Fantastic. That's 10 times better than what you started with! How does it ride?